NEWS PAPERS,MAGAZINES AND WEBSITES:

Friday 27 December 2013

Simple tips for overcoming laziness


laziness:

It is the desire to be idle, to do nothing and resist effort.
It is a state of passivity and of letting things stay as they are.
Sometimes, we enjoy being a little lazy, such as after working hard for several hours, or on a very cold or warm day, but if this state occurs too often, something has to be done about it.
In order to perform our chores and work efficiently, and to live a full, active and successful life, we must learn how to overcome laziness.

Simple tips for overcoming laziness:

1) Break down a task into smaller tasks
We often avoid tasks because we find them too big, too overwhelming, too tiring, or taking too much of our time.
Breaking a task into several smaller tasks can solve this problem. Then, each one will not seem so difficult or intimidating. Instead of having one big task, we will have a series of small tasks, which do not require too much effort.
This approach can be applied not only to tasks, but also to goals and everything else we have or need to do. This will
tend to melt much of the laziness and inner resistance we often experience.
2) Rest, sleep and exercise
In some cases, laziness is due to being tired and lacking energy. If this is true in your case, you need to give yourself the rest and sleep you need, and also give your body enough exercise and fresh air.
3) Motivation
In some cases, the reason for laziness is due to lack of motivation. You can strengthen your motivation through affirmations, visualization and thinking about the importance of performing your task or chore or achieving your goal.
4) Have a vision of what and who you want to be
Frequently reflecting on the person we want to be, the goals we want to achieve, and the life we want to live, can motivate us to act.



5) Think about benefits
Think about the benefits you will gain if you overcome your laziness and take action, instead of thinking about the difficulties or obstacles. Focusing on the difficulties of the task or action lead to discouragement, avoidance of taking action and to laziness. It is important that you focus your mind and attention on the benefits, not on the difficulties.
6) Thinking about the consequences
Think about what will happen, if you succumb to laziness, and don't perform your task or chore. Thinking about the consequences, if you do not act, can also push you to take action.
7) Doing one thing at a time
Focus on doing one thing at a time. If you feel you have a lot to do, you will probably feel overwhelmed and let laziness overcome you, instead of you overcoming laziness.
8) Visualization
Your imagination has a great influence on your mind, habits and action. Visualize yourself performing the task easily, energetically and enthusiastically. Do so before starting with a task or goal, and also when you feel lazy, or when your mind whispers to you to abandon what you are doing.
9) Repeat affirmations
Tell yourself:
"I can accomplish my goal."

"Doing things makes me stronger."
"Doing things makes things happen."
"I have the energy and motivation to act and do whatever I want or have to do."
10) Regards a task as an exercise
Consider each task as an exercise to make you stronger, more decisive and more assertive.
11) Procrastination
Avoid procrastination, which is a form of laziness. If there is something you have to do, why not do it right now and get through with it? Why let it stay nagging at the back of your head?
12) Learn from successful people
Watch successful people, and how they do not let laziness win. Learn from them, talk with them and associate with them.
Overcoming the habit of laziness is achieved through a series of daily actions and activities, when you choose to act, instead of remaining passive. Every time you overcome your laziness you get stronger. Every time you choose to act, you increase your ability to win, achieve goals and improve your life.

Quotes About Laziness

“We often miss opportunity because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work”
Thomas A. Edison

“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.”
Robert A. Heinlein
 
Jarod Kintz “From the ages of 8-18, me and my family moved around a lot. Mostly we would just stretch, but occasionally one of us would actually get up to go to the fridge.”
Jarod Kintz,
N.H. Kleinbaum “So avoid using the word ‘very’ because it’s lazy. A man is not very tired, he is exhausted. Don’t use very sad, use morose. Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women - and, in that endeavor, laziness will not do. It also won’t do in your essays.”
N.H. Kleinbaum,
Agatha Christie “I don't think necessity is the mother of invention. Invention . . . arises directly from idleness, possibly also from laziness. To save oneself trouble.”
Agatha Christie,
Ronald Reagan “I've heard that hard work never killed anyone, but I say why take the chance?”
Ronald Reagan

Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky
“Inspiration is a guest that does not willingly visit the lazy.”
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky

Albert Camus
“Mostly, I could tell, I made him feel uncomfortable. He didn't understand me, and he was sort of holding it against me. I felt the urge to reassure him that I was like everybody else, just like everybody else. But really there wasn't much point, and I gave up the idea out of laziness.”
Albert Camus, L'Étranger

“Sometimes I do smart things. Sometimes I do dumb things. Most of the time I don't do anything.”
Gorilla Rising Hintz

Paul Rudnick “As a writer, I need an enormous amount of time alone. Writing is 90 percent procrastination: reading magazines, eating cereal out of the box, watching infomercials. It's a matter of doing everything you can to avoid writing, until it is about four in the morning and you reach the point where you have to write. Having anybody watching that or attempting to share it with me would be grisly.”
Paul Rudnick

Criss Jami “A man who goes into a restaurant and blatantly disrespects the servers shows a strong discontent with his own being. Deep down he knows that restaurant service is the closest thing he will ever experience to being served like a king.”
Criss Jami

“Efficiency is intelligent laziness.”
― David Dunham
كريم الشاذلي “أن الخطر -كل الخطر- في أن نصغي لأي صوت بداخلنا يدعونا إلى الاستسلام ، والقعود ، و قتل الهمة”
كريم الشاذلي, أفكار صغيرة لحياة كبيرة

“Procrastination is my sin. It brings me naught but sorrow. I know that I should stop it. In fact, I will--tomorrow”
Gloria Pitzer

Elbert Hubbard “Folks who never do any more than they get paid for, never get paid for any more than they do”
Elbert Hubbard

Alfred Bester “You pigs, you. You rut like pigs, is all. You got the most in you, and you use the least. You hear me, you? Got a million in you and spend pennies. Got a genius in you and think crazies. Got a heart in you and feel empties. All a you. Every you...'


Take a war to make you spend. Take a jam to make you think. Take a challenge to make you great. Rest of the time you sit around lazy, you. Pigs, you! All right, God damn you! I challenge you, me. Die or live and be great. Blow yourselves to Christ gone or come and find me, Gully Foyle, and I make you men. I make you great. I give you the stars.”
Alfred Bester,
Bill Callahan “I was trained to turn loneliness into laziness.”
Bill Callahan, Letters to Emma Bowlcut

Jarod Kintz “Hoping to get a head start on the next day, I eat breakfast the night before. That way I can sleep in until two in the afternoon. 
”
Jarod Kintz,
Derek Landy
“But I'm really enjoying my retirement. I get to sleep in every day. I do crossword puzzles and eat cake.”
Derek Landy,
Stephen Richards
“Both positive and negative thinking are contagious.”
Stephen Richards,



“Laziness is the first step towards efficiency.”
Patrick Bennett

Daniil Kharms “I was most happy when pen and paper were taken from me and I was forbidden from doing anything. I had no anxiety about doing nothing by my own fault, my conscience was clear, and I was happy. This was when I was in prison.”
Daniil Kharms

Benjamin Franklin “Sloth makes all things difficult, but industry all easy; and he that riseth late must trot all day, and shall scarce overtake his business at night; while laziness travels so slowly, that poverty soon overtakes him.”
Benjamin Franklin

Arthur Conan Doyle “I had neither kith nor kin in England, and was therefore as free as air -- or as free as an income of eleven shillings and sixpence a day will permit a man to be. Under such circumstances, I naturally gravitated to London, that great cesspool into which all the loungers and idlers of the Empire are irresistibly drained.”
Arthur Conan Doyle
Bauvard “I had a lot of ambition for love, but I decided it was time to stop being needy. Now that I'm lazy I've never been more successful.”
Bauvard,
W.H. Auden “Laziness acknowledges the relation of the present to the past but ignores its relation to the future; impatience acknowledge its relation to the future but ignores its relation to the past; neither the lazy nor the impatient man, that is, accepts the present instant in its full reality and so cannot love his neighbour completely.”
W.H. Auden,
Charles Baudelaire “We revel in the laxness of the path we take.”
Charles Baudelaire
“The problem with procrastination is it’s been around since the beginning of time it seems.”
Stephen Richards
Stephen Richards
“i have no point in procrastinating any longer..”
Flora Rheta Schreiber

No comments:

Post a Comment